Most businesses will be required to tender for a specific contract at some point, whether to develop a new relationship or to continue working with a specific supplier. Tendering is the most common way to obtain work in both the public and private sectors. So how to choose a right tender.
Above all, it implies competition, with the winner being the most economically advantageous tender bidder chosen to engage with the buyer on the contract via the tendering process. This is why everyone strives to stay one step ahead of the competition. Indeed, there are some hints that experts share that can help you write winning bids.
Why is It Necessary for You to Respond to Tenders?
We won’t go into the specifics of what a tender is (because we’ve already covered that), because you’re ready to submit your tender response, quote, or estimate at this point.
Every day, head contractors are looking for subcontractor quotes, and while you may not always get the job, getting in front of the head contractors and making a good impression is how you win in the end.
How to Choose a Right Tender?
Applying for a tender in Bangladesh implies dedication. What you really need to know is that when you apply for a tender, you agree to deliver your services or products for a set period of time, which could be a month, a year, or even longer. You must only apply to tenders where your company is capable of delivering within the specified time frame. In this case, overconfidence could be detrimental. Know your company’s ability to perform and only apply to tenders with them.
It is also necessary to bid on tenders that correspond to your objectives and where you want to take your company. It is not advisable to apply for tenders that are too far in the future for the company.
Things You Should Consider
- Determine whether a tender is for a single supplier or a framework contract – A single supplier contract means that a single supplier can fulfill the requirements, whereas a framework contract means that there is a long list of suppliers.
- Examine the tender’s location. This should not be a problem if you can deliver anywhere, but it may be in cases where your service area is limited. This could be a problem.
- Organizational needs also play a role in determining which contract to bid on; if your company was designed to meet only specific organizational needs, you should only apply to tenders that are related to your forte.
- One of the most important boxes to check when deciding to bid is the contract value. If the contract has a high value and additional benefits, you should accept it; otherwise, you should avoid such bids. In some cases, a contract value may be low, but it may include additional benefits that will benefit your company; in that case, going for the bid may be the best option.
- When evaluating bids, resources play a significant role. Deliverables will be difficult if your company lacks the necessary resources, and you may end up over-committing. Resources include personnel, equipment, internal systems, and anything else required to meet the contract’s terms and deliver on time. Many tenders require information about your internal business procedures and other details for the same reason: they want to be convinced that if you are chosen, you will be able to fulfill the contract.
- The proper qualification, additional certificates, proofs of similar work, and successful completion all play a role. It will always give you an advantage over the other bidders.
Tap Into Your Networks
As subcontractor, you must always consider your network with every interaction you have in order to find next construction job. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll notice that we have a builder’s directory with contact information for most head contractors in Australia.
Even though we have that available for you to use as needed. Nothing beats the personal relationships you develop over time with head contractors. Always find your niche, or where you fit into the larger industry. What is your area of expertise? What distinguishes you from the competition?
Then it’s your job to sell it and sell it hard. Your enthusiasm and knowledge of your specialty will impress the right builders and keep you in business.
There are several methods for determining whether or not a tender is appropriate for you. You may become involved in a tender that is not intended, which could cost you a lot of money. It is always better to be doubly sure. It is always preferable to be aware of the legal requirements, preferences, and goals before applying. So that you are aware of what you are getting into before taking the plunge. BDTender is the largest Tender & Auction notices published in newspapers, websites & e-Gp from gov, non-gov & private organizations all over Bangladesh.
Read Next: Investment and share dilution- Sajid Amit